Superfood salad – makes enough for two
Prepare and layer the ingredients as follows:
- A generous handful of organic spinach leaves, tightly rolled up and cut into thin spiky slices
- One medium organic carrot, peeled if necessary and finely diced
- One organic avocado, gently cut into small cubes
- Half an organic red pepper finely sliced
- Three organic spring onions finely sliced
- Two small organic celery stalks finely sliced
- 200g smoked tofu, cut into small cubes
- A dozen organic mint leaves, finely chopped
- Three tablespoons of organic pomegranate seeds
- Half a punnet of organic watercress sprouts, or if you grow your own, a good handful
- Half a cup of raw organic almonds
- One tablespoon of organic hemp seeds
Whisk the following ingredients in a small jug to make your dressing:
- One tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- Two teaspoons organic date syrup (or you could use Manuka honey if you’re not vegan)
- One tsp organic Dijon mustard
- Three tablespoons organic oil – I use one called Omega Cool Oil which is a mixture of flax, hemp, evening primrose and pumpkin seed, or you could use any of those oils by themselves, or avocado oil, or walnut oil or your own combination of any of the above oils!!
Pour the dressing over the salad, mix gently to coat but not pulverize the avocado and serve into two large pasta bowls.
Grind a little black pepper on top, sprinkle half a dozen whole coriander leaves on each serve (optional) and enjoy… It takes a while to eat!
Adapted from my recipe originally published on diamondsanddaisychains.com